Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The front room makeover

We have lived in our home for almost 4 years now. We originally planed on about 2 years. If I have learned one thing in life it is this, PLANS CHANGE. Like me, you may not want plans to change, but I believe it is just part of life. You never REALLY know what your plan will be.

So we have done things to our home along the way, but being that I PLANED to not be here for TOO long, I never really settled in and made this home MY home.

Now we are still here and I really have NO idea when we will make some other house our home. So I will take one room at a time and make it what I want it to be, so that I will be happier with this home that I spend the majority of my time in. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY grateful and feel VERY blessed to have a house that we own.

This is our front room before the recent makeover

this wall is pages from art books that we put up on the wall, I really like this wall. You can also see the GREEN wall. I really like this wall too, but it is time for a change.

Here is our brown wall.

The rug and coffee table are new additions (that we bought on by birthday). The futon is also new, well newish. Thanks Magleby's!

So here is what is looks like now.

new paint and some fun mirrors, plus we moved our computer desk to this wall


I am going to make curtains for that window and also paint the futon black, and make a new cover for it...that is the new fabric draped over it.

new tv (via some trade) and new tv stand

we are going to put a piece of wood painted white over the existing curtain rod and I am going to make new curtains

Last but most definitely not least, we are going to get a new fan. I would like to put just a basic white molding around the ceiling, like we have in our dining-ish room, but that is just more time and work, it looks good enough without it.



4 comments:

Bekah said...

I love it! You have a wonderful taste for design - I am envious. I am itching to paint our place, but am not a good wall painter.

McGuire's said...

um, can you come do my house. I have all white walls and only have pictures hung in one room. (we've been here for 14 months) That room looks Awesome! (G$ below was actually me)

Traci said...

Great look, so contemporary and clean! Love it...the details are great too, the mirrors, sunglass case, all of it is awesome!

Kim said...

I love the new paint color! It makes it look so open and spacious! I love IKEA too (in regards to your birthday post). I need to go there again ASAP. Glad you had a fun birthday!