Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Deliciousness

My dinner last night was DELICIOUS!!! I did not take any photos, I was pretty hungry and just thinking about eating, plus Geej got home later than what I thought so we watched American Idol while we ate, plus I think a picture would only have made it look not-so-good, you know??? (at least my food photos)

the menu

Homemade BBQ Sauce
(Pan) Grilled Chicken
"Crash Hot Potatoes"
and salad with ranch


It made me feel a little like it was summer. Oh how I wish it was summer...
Doesn't it seem like the days are getting slightly longer? Maybe the sun has just changed positions, because in the afternoon the sunshine is coming through my blinds in my dining room and it makes that room all nice and warm - temperature and color.
ANYWAY.

You will want to add these recipes to you collection. I promise.

BBQ Sauce
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
  • 4 teaspoons hickory-flavored liquid smoke
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, wine vinegar, molasses, liquid smoke and butter. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, celery seed, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
  2. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for up to 20 minutes. For thicker sauce, simmer longer, and for thinner, less time is needed. Sauce can also be thinned using a bit of water if necessary. Brush sauce onto any kind of meat during the last 10 minutes of cooking.

The sauce keeps for quite a while, so make all of it and just keep using it. It is so good!
When Armani woke up from his nap yesterday he laid his head on my shoulder and said "mmm that smells good" and I said, "do I smell good?" and he said "no. that dinner smells good." I was letting the BBQ sauce simmer while he was sleeping, so the whole house smelled like it!

Now, the "Crash Hot Potatoes" are originally from The Pioneer Woman's blog, but I saw them on Vegan Yum Yum. I thought if two "FOOD PEOPLE" are blogging about them. They have to be tasty. So here is a new way to do potatoes, just click on the link for the directions!


I absolutely LOVE food. I love to cook and try new things. I love to read blogs about food. You get the idea. So don't be surprised if I post more about food in the future. If I try something tasty, I feel the need to share. BTW, if you like food too, take a gander at some of the sites I listed under FOOD, over to the right. They have some DELECTABLE photos and recipes, even if you don't try them, they are just nice to look at and wish you were eating it!



2 comments:

Bekah said...

I am such a dork. I have been wondering why you haven't been showing up on my blogger dashboard and was going to call you about not posting. I just forgot to add your blog as one I follow. :( Good news though now I have a ton to read and catch up on.

Chelsea Anne said...

Will you come cook at my house?