Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm Out.


I really hate when I run out of things. I'm sure its just because I am out, but it seems that I need whatever it is, twice as bad, when I am out of it.
On top of being out of plastic wrap, I am out of eggs, and a few other items that are not quite as high on my list of STAPLES, I had decided to NOT go to the store this week, UNLESS we run out of milk. PERIOD. Make it do or do with out...does that fit here?
(I am thinking too much about that phrase now and it sounds all wrong.)
Anyway, I have tons of stuff in my freezer and cupboards that I just don't use, but I could use. I always have leftovers, that are never used as leftovers, the poor things. I do not what to be a waster. I want to have more room in my house for the things that I use and need. (my house is small and storage is, what would you say...nonexistent, yes that is it, nonexistent.) I am not going to throw away my boxes of rice-a-roni, I am just going to use them up and then not buy them again, because I don't tend to reach for those when I go to make dinner.
This is not going to be easy. At this point last week I had already been to the store twice! I am sick of going to the store! From this week forward I will use more what I have and plan more so I don't have to go to the store EVERYDAY.
I feel good that I got that out!
Sorry for the not so interesting post, but I don't think I have anyone who reads this anymore, anyway.
None the less, I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

McGuire's said...

I know what you mean. I have a bunch of boxed beef stoganoff that just sit there. I used to cook that when we were first married when I wanted quick and easy, but now it sounds so gross. Good Luck!

kim huish said...

that is so funny! i hate going to the store and put it off at all costs. when i do go, i think i get everything and then i come home and realize i forgot something.

Megano said...

I hate hate hate going to the store.... it is SUCH a pain... so why one would ask would I not plan out my meals at the beginning of the week thus making the store visits less frequent and therefore making said person (me) have an easier all around week... the answer is I don't know.. but I AM going to do better and go shopping for all my meals at one time and not in increments of 15:D