Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Saturdays


So I guess this is really old news.
I was going through pictures on my computer...that is such a trap, I can never stop! But I never really told the story of Cinnamon Roll Saturdays.
So here it is.


It was Thursday night and I said me and Armani are going to have a bake sale on the corner...and sell cinnamon rolls.


I got a few laughs and some, "are you for real??" 's and I said yes I am for real.
I made 3 dozen.

by : armani

by : armani

by : armani
(he LOVES Cinnamon Roll Saturdays!!)

In less than half and hour I had 3 dozen sold and been prepaid for 3 more dozen. Who would have thought?!!? Not I!

Anyway. It grew each week. I got up to making 20 dozen. We never didn't sell out. That was a really good feeling. Cause I worked REALLY hard and stayed up REALLY late week after week.


(mine and 3 other loaned kitchen aids...until i started using the kitchen at a Culinary Crafts, that saved me from going insane!!)

(10 dozen...thats only half of them!)

I had tons of help...thank you a million to all of my babysitting helpers. I really have a BOMB family on both sides. I love you all and could ask for better!

Now they are at Marley's Gourmet Sliders restaurant on Saturdays...and I might bring them back to life here in Hawaii...in time!!!

Anyway. I saw the pictures and I felt a weird sadness that that is all over. I don't wish I was still doing that, but is was such a huge part of my life and a really fun thing on Saturdays mornings!

Helpers! Madeleine was more of just a supporter/eater...haha! I love you both!

Not the greatest photo of us...but Savannah was a trooper! and so was I :) I love you Savannah!

This all led to my trip to New York!
That will be the next post...

4 comments:

Kim said...

So proud of you- that is awesome. I'm excited to see pictures of your trip to New York! I also loved your video a few posts back (I like all of your posts though). Armani was cracking me up!

Megano said...

This post makes me hungry. This is all.

Carrie & Patrick said...

please cinnamon roll saturdays hawaii. i can help. im real helpful.

McGuire's said...

Way to go Steph! Seriously that is a big deal. and they were so delicious. I wish you could mail me some. :)